Monday, June 3, 2013

Quick and Easy Henna Paste

Please, pretty please allow me to show you just how easy it is to mix the perfect henna paste quick and easy. You'll find many methods on the internet, in the back of pattern books, even on youtube. In my latest video I show you how to mix just a few simple ingredients to get paste that gives beautiful dark cherry red stains.

My quick and easy henna paste only requires the following; henna powder, lemon juice, and essential oil. Lemon juice bottled or fresh squeezed, either one works just fine. For essential oils I like to use eucalyptus (widely available and inexpensive), lavender (widely available, moderate cost), and tea tree oil (widely available but crazy expensive at times). You can add water or sugar to your paste if you like. I only add sugar when I am using a henna that is not naturally stringy. I typically use water when I mix henna from Morocco.

Please remember the idea is not to get perfect measurements, or exact measurements, that recipe does not exist. The idea is to get the right texture/consistency. The ideal consistency is toothpaste, mashed potatoes, or smooth peanut butter. If your henna paste is too thick and dry use more liquid. Too runny? Add more powder.


Video tutorial


Follow us on facebook
Show us some love on Instagram @freehandmehndi
Subscribe to us on youtube 

No comments: